Best paired with Adam Puchta Reckless/Desire
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 apples (we like Granny Smith), peeled & chopped
- 1 pear, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 pound of bulk Italian sausage
- 4 slices of hickory-smoked bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 package (14 oz.) of bagged stuffing mix (we like Pepperidge Farms Herb Seasoned Stuffing)
- 2-1/2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of leftover turkey
- 1 cup each of leftover vegetables (we used corn and green beans)
- Leftover gravy, optional
In a large skillet, sauté celery, onion, apple and pear in a little olive oil and a tablespoon butter, cook until just tender; add Italian sausage and bacon and cook until no longer pink. Add broth and bring to a low simmer; mix in the stuffing and season with salt and pepper. Lightly mix in the leftover turkey and vegetables.
Spoon the stuffing mixture into a lightly-greased shallow 3-quart baking dish; cover and bake at 225° F for 1-2 hours, until heated through and broth is absorbed. For a crunchier stuffing bake uncovered.
Serve with leftover gray and cranberry sauce.