Best paired with Adam Puchta Hunter’s Red
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (we like Prego)
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tub Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 small can of turnip greens or wilt approximately 1 pound of fresh spinach
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked according to package
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups mozzarella, shredded
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Cook hamburger, Italian sausage, onion and seasonings; drain. In large sauce pan, combine spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce then add cooked meat. Cook until thick and bubbly. Mix together ricotta cheese, egg and greens.
Prepare 9×13 pan (spray with Pam) and a 1/2 cup of the sauce. Layer with noodles, then ricotta cheese mixture, sauce and shredded cheese. Repeat layers as desired.
Bake for 1 hour.