Delicious with any Adam Puchta wine
- Bush’s original baked beans, #10 can
- 1 – 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ pound hickory-smoked bacon (cooked and then cut into pieces)
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, to taste
Mix together the above ingredients and put in a disposable aluminum pan. Place in smoker and cook at 225° for 6 hours adding hickory chips as needed.
For extra flavor:
Season a pork roast with garlic, pepper, salt, Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, paprika and onion powder and place on rack above beans in the smoker and let it “drip” its goodness into the beans.