Best paired with Adam Puchta Dry Vignoles
- 1 package (17.3 oz) puff pastry sheets
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cup sour cream
- 32 oz. goat cheese1-8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Chives, to taste (dried or fresh)
- Parsley, to taste (dried or fresh)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 – 8 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Garnish with: additional sour cream & dill weed
Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Roll out puff pastry on lightly floured surface and transfer to baking sheets. Using a fork, pierce dough all over. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature).In a large mixing bowl, beat together sour cream, goat cheese, cream cheese, shredded cheese, chives, parsley and salt. Incorporate eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Spread on prepared puff pastry crusts. Bake at 400° for 15 – 20 minutes.
Cut into squares and top with smoked salmon, sour cream and dill.
NOTE: Recipe makes 2 – 18×13 sheet pans