Best paired with Adam Puchta Vignoles
- 8 ounces quality white chocolate (Ghiradelli or Lindt)
- 2 (3.5 ounce) boxes of Key Lime Straws
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
Line 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending over all sides. Stir chopped chocolate in a small metal bowl, set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from over water. Finely grind the key lime straws in food processor, add 4 tablespoons of melted chocolate and blend until mixture clumps together. Firmly press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Chill while making filling.Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until peaks form, set aside. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, key lime juice, lime zest and remaining melted chocolate mix until smooth. Fold in whipped cream in two additions. Spread mixture over prepared crust. Chill until firm.